Scheduled Water Service Interruptions in November 2015
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Public Works Department regarding the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project:
HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING:
As a part of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project to replace the water mains in your community, a water service interruption will take place in the areas listed below on the days and during the hours mentioned.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17 between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Washington Street between Dove and Eagle Streets (on the south side of Washington Street only, and extending south to University Avenue).
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19 between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Washington Street between Falcon and Goldfinch Streets (between Falcon and Goldfinch Streets on the south side of Washington Street only and extending south to University Avenue. On Washington Street, at Goldfinch Street, extending south to University Avenue and north to Fort Stockton Drive).
- University Avenue between Goldfinch and Hawk Streets
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During construction, anticipate temporary inconveniences. Please exercise caution in the work zone and note that:
- Access to homes and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times;
- There may be temporary traffic rerouting and other access restrictions during this work;
- Staged pipe, fittings, equipment and storage containers will be located along the work zone;
- When required, temporary “No Parking” signs will be posted 48 hours before construction activities start;
- Vehicles parked in violation of signs will be towed; and
- Road closures, detours and restricted access will occur between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.*
NORMAL HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION*
Sunday through Thursday nights, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
*Hours may vary based on traffic impacts.
PARKING NOTICES TO BE AWARE OF:
Yellow “No Parking” signs will be used for night work.
Orange “No Parking” signs will be used for day work.
White “No Parking” signs will be used for day and night work.
This Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project will replace about four miles of old, deteriorating, cast iron water mains with new Polyvinyl-Chloride (PVC) pipes. PVC pipes offer improved service reliability and a longer service life. Improvements also include new valves, fire hydrants and installation of curb ramps that facilitate access for persons with disabilities. In addition, streets that have been excavated as part of this work will be slurry sealed as phases are completed. Any areas of vegetation or landscaping that are affected will be replaced. Construction of this infrastructure project is expected to last about three years.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and pass along this important information!