Joint Meeting – Crime and Homelessness
Mission Hills Town Council (MHTC) and the Mission Hills Business Improvement District (MHBID)
Wednesday February 25th 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
at Mission Hills United Methodist Church 4044 Lark Street (in the Sanctuary)
To facilitate a discussion among Mission Hills residents and businesses that identifies current issues relating to increased crime and homelessness in our community. Further, to develop a list of community-supported actions to be implemented in the upcoming years as a response.
View and Download the Meeting Agenda
1. Welcome from Reverend Karen Clark Ristine (Mission Hills United Methodist Church) and Introduction of MHTC and MHBID facilitation team by Mike Zdon and Susan McNeil Schreyer. (4:00-4:15)
2. Identification of crime and homelessness issues from attendees. (4:15-5:00) MHTC and MHBID would like to hear from community individuals on their perception of crime and homelessness as it relates to living in Mission Hills.
3. Comments by Councilman Todd Gloria (5:00-5:15)
4. Discussion of actions residents and businesses can take in Mission Hills to reduce or eliminate crime and homelessness issues. (5:15-5:45)
The MHTC and MHBID facilitation team will solicit actions from you that you feel would reduce crime and homelessness in and around Mission Hills.
5. SDPD overview of Mission Hills activities and recommended actions (Officer Surwilo) (5:45-6:00) and Adjournment.