Resolving Homelessness in Mission Hills Community Forum
Tuesday, August 31, 2021 | 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Join us Tuesday, August 31, 2021 from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM at the Resolving Homelessness in Mission Hills Community Forum to learn more about what is happening in our neighborhood and share your concerns with experts working to resolve homelessness in Mission Hills.
This forum, hosted by the Mission Hill Business Improvement District, the Mission Hills Town Council, and the Presidio Sentinel, will take place in the large community room at the Mission Hills – Hillcrest/Knox Library. The eastern wall of the community room will be opened for overflow, to promote better distancing and ventilation.
Update: September 1, 2021: A video recording from the forum is available below.
Please wear a mask if not fully vaccinated. In addition, please be aware of the most recent mask guidelines for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals:
San Diego County – Face Coverings | CDPH – Face Coverings Q&A | CDC – Your Guide to Masks
- Mayor Todd Gloria
- Councilmember Stephen Whitburn
Panel of Experts:
- Dijana Beck – Chief Agency Operations, County of San Diego, Office of Homeless Solutions
- Brian Gruters – Associate Director of Outreach, PATH (People Assisting The Homeless)
- Aisha Daniels – Program Manager, Mobile Homelessness Resolution Team (MHRT), PATH (People Assisting The Homeless)
- Jonathan Herrera – Special Programs Manager & Senior Policy Advisor, Homeless Housing Innovations Division, San Diego Housing Commission
- Captain Shawn Takeuchi – HOT (Homeless Outreach Team), San Diego Police Department
Community Room at the Mission Hills-Hillcrest/Knox Library, 215 W Washington St, San Diego, CA 92103
Thank you to our Special Guests, Panel of Experts, Co-Hosts and all who attended!
For those unable to attend in-person, or if you would like to revisit a portion of the forum, the Mission Hills BID broadcasted a Facebook Live from the forum, which is available now for play-back: