TASTE | 2015
Jam packed Old Town Trolleys ran a continuous loop to transport 497+ foodies from Albatross Street and West Washington Street to West Lewis Street, Fort Stockton Drive, and Goldfinch Street, then onto India Street from Spruce Street to Andrews Street for the 4th Annual Taste of Mission Hills on October 13 from 5:00 PM until 9:30 PM.
Twenty-five oh so delicious Tastes for Twenty-five Dollars!
The participating venues once again met “The Best Taste in San Diego!” challenge. This annual “Taste” is the Mission Hills Business Improvement District’s major fundraising event. The purpose of the Business Improvement District is to promote, improve and foster business conditions in Mission Hills, an objective that benefits residents and merchants alike by creating and sustaining a vibrant neighborhood.
Here’s what was served: (Plus additional “Tastes” and free flights at several places, for those 21 +)
- Sushi Deli: Garlic Edamame in a Secret Recipe garlic sauce, Snap Crackle Tuna and the Mission Hills Roll
- Venissimo Cheese: Grilled Venini with French Goat Cheese and Bacon Jam
- The Front Porch: Mango Habanero Marmalade, Chimichurri Sauce, Bourbon Onion Confit, and Artichoke & Green Olive Tapenade appetizer style using assorted French & Domestic cheeses, Sourdough & French Breads
- The Wellington: Braised beef and vegetable mini Wellington, with Madera wine sauce
- The Red Door: North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash Soup topped with vanilla bean foam, smoked paprika and micro cilantro
- Café Bleu: Boeuf Bourguignon
- Farmer’s Bottega: Short ribs with soft polenta and French toast
- Rubicon Deli: Crandie: roasted turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, cranberry mustard and balsamic mayo
- Shakespeare’s Corner Shoppe: Sausage rolls, cake and tea
- Shakespeare Pub & Grille: Bangers and Mash
- El Indio: Cocktail chicken burritos, chips and salsa, and beef morditas
- Blue Water: Cracked Pepper Sea Salt and Black Sesame Seed Seared Ahi served on a Fried Wonton Chip with a Teriyaki Glaze and Wasabi cream sauce and avocado, Home-Made Fresh Scallop Ceviche, Fresh Home-Made New England Clam Chowder served with Crostini
- Pizza E Birra: Slice of Neopolitan Pizza
- Starlite: Signature Organic Mac and Cheese made from Spring Hill Creamery’s mild cheddar cheese blended with 2-year old Sharp Shelburne Cheddar from Vermont carefully cooked with Organic Elbow Pasta and a secret blend of herbs and spices
- Harley Gray: Pulled Pork Sliders and House-Made Ceviche on a Tortilla strip
- The Patio: Butternut Squash-goat Cheese Arancini/ Sage Pesto/Apple Cider Gastrique
- Lefty’s Chicago Pizza: Slice of hearty deep-dish pizza dusted with cornmeal and smeared with divine sauce
- Brooklyn Girl: Famous bacon wrapped Vietnamese Meatball
- Mission Hills Coffee Shop: Mayan Spiced Chocolate Mocha, served hot with whipped cream, and Apple Spiced Cider, served hot with cinnamon
- Cake Bakery: Fresh Baked Seasonal Cookies, Peanut Butter Brownie, and Pumpkin Spiced treat
- Saffron: Pumpkin Tapioca
- Kettle & Stone: Banana Nut Bread and Brownies
- Gelato Vero Caffe: 4 oz Gelato- Your Choice from a Dozen Offerings
- Rita’s of Mission Hills: 3.5 oz. samples of Italian Ice
- Meshuggah Shack: Any Coffee Drink on the Menu
A special thank you to Paramount Booking, International’s Cheri Gross who provided free musicians for the event.
Mission Hills is truly a dining destination and the perfect place to indulge your palate. Please stop in and say “hello” to the shop keepers and enjoy the uniqueness which all Mission Hills’ shops offer. Never too early or too late to indulge in some shopping— for your loved ones, or, even yourself!
The 5th Annual Taste of Mission Hills will take place on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. We hope you will join us.
Some photos from the 4th annual Taste of Mission Hills:
Free drink for Taste Of Mission Hills! #TasteMH2015 with @vexing101 & @lesliemw54 A photo posted by Daniel Geddis (@moderndaniel) on
Stop 9 #tastemh2015 @nadoislandgirl A photo posted by KPLeslie (@kpleslie) on
Let the #tasting begin!!!! #TasteofMissionHills #October #TacoTuesday #sushi #sushideli #sushideli1 #SanDiego #Hillcrest #MissionHills #sdfoodscene #SDfoodie #youstayhungrySD #SDfooddiaries #foodgasm #foodporn #sushiporn #instasushi #foodie #goodeats #SanDiegofood #bestofSanDiego #SDLiving #photooftheday #eatLocal #supportLocal #StarvingFoodSeeker #ilovesushi #eatSanDiego #sushideliUSA