Scheduled Interrupted Water Service: March 28, 29, 30, & April 1
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Public Works Department regarding the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project:
You are subscribed to receive construction updates on the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project. This project will take place in the Mission Hills, Uptown, Hillcrest, University Heights and North Park areas of San Diego, with work occurring in phases at particular locations along the alignment of the project.
HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING:
As a part of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project to replace the water mains in your community, a water service interruption will take place in the areas listed below on the day and during the hours mentioned.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON MONDAY, MARCH 28, BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 4 P.M.**
- Ingalls Street between Lewis Street and cul-de-sac.
- Jackdaw Street between Lewis Street and Arbor Drive.
- Montecito Way between Lark and Ibis Streets.
- Arbor Drive between Jackdaw Street and cul-de-sac.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON TUESDAY, MARCH 29, BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 4 P.M.**
- Randolph Street between Arbor Drive and Lewis Street.
- Montecito Way between Palmetto Way and Lark Street.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 4 P.M.**
- Palmetto Way between Lewis Street and Arbor Drive.
- Stephens Street between Lewis Street and Arbor Drive.
- Arbor Drive Between Stephens Street and Montecito Way.
- Montecito Way between Randolph Street and Hermosa Way.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON FRIDAY, APRIL 1, BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 4 P.M.**
- Lark Street between Lewis Street and Fort Stockton Drive.
- Lewis Street between Jackdaw and Hawk Streets.
**Special note: If rain occurs prior to a scheduled water service outage, the work will take place on the next dry day. If there is a change of schedule, you will receive a door hanger about 24 hours in advance with the new schedule.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During construction, anticipate temporary inconveniences. Please exercise caution in the work zone and note that:
- Access to homes and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times;
- There may be temporary traffic rerouting and other access restrictions during this work;
- Staged pipe, fittings, equipment and storage containers will be located along the work zone;
- When required, temporary “No Parking” signs will be posted 48 hours before construction activities start;
- Vehicles parked in violation of signs will be towed; and
- Road closures, detours and restricted access will occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.*
NORMAL HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION
Sunday through Thursday nights, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.*
*Hours may vary based on traffic impacts.
PARKING NOTICES TO BE AWARE OF:
Yellow “No Parking” signs will be used for night work.
Orange “No Parking” signs will be used for day work.
For illustration purposes only
White “No Parking” signs will be used for day and night work.
For illustration purposes only
This Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project will replace about four miles of old, deteriorating, cast iron water mains with new Polyvinyl-Chloride (PVC) pipes. PVC pipes offer improved service reliability and a longer service life. Improvements also include new valves, fire hydrants and installation of curb ramps that facilitate access for persons with disabilities. In addition, streets that have been excavated as part of this work will be slurry sealed as phases are completed. Any areas of vegetation or landscaping that are affected will be replaced. Construction of this infrastructure project is expected to last about three years.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and use the Forward feature to pass along this important information!
For questions related to this project,
Call: (619) 533-4207
Visit: University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project.