The following information regarding COVID Loans through the City of San Diego Revolving Loan Fund was shared with the Mission Hills BID by the City of San Diego Economic Development Department:
COVID Loans Still Available – City of San Diego RLF Program
The City of San Diego Economic Development Department regularly shares information about grants, loans, and other business programs to help our small business community, especially as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. For a complete list of resources, visit the Economic Development Department Website.
Monday January 3, 2022 – Highlights
- CARES Act Revolving Loan Fund: $25,000-$95,000 low-interest loans for COVID-19 related business adaptations. Applications being accepted through Feb. 1, 2022.
- Temporary Outdoor Business Operation Grants: Up to $5,000 available for businesses to build, modify, or deconstruct outdoor business structures to meet ADA and safety standards. Limited funds available. Apply now!
CARES Act Revolving Loan Fund Program**
Businesses located in the City of San Diego or the City of Chula Vista can now apply for the CARES Act Revolving Loan Fund (CARES Act RLF) Program. Businesses that meet the eligibility requirements and pass underwriting, can use loan funds to make future purchases directly related to pivoting operations amid the pandemic. Certain restrictions apply.
- Loans range from $25,000-$95,000
- 3% annual interest rate
- No payments or interest accrued for the first 6 months
- 54- to 78-month loan terms
** This loan is not intended to be used for emergency business assistance, such as payroll, rent, utilities, or other working capital expenditures. Applications are being accepted until Feb. 1, 2022, or until the funds have been exhausted, whichever comes first. Businesses that are home-based, nonprofits, or franchises/chains are not eligible. See the CARES Act RLF webpage for a full list of eligibility requirements.
To qualify, businesses must upload their 2019 and 2020 Federal Tax Returns and their 2021 Profit and Loss Statement. Eligible businesses must show the following:
- Positive Net Income in 2019
- At least a 20% decrease in gross sales from 2019 to 2020
- Sustainment of at least 25% of 2019 (pre-pandemic) in 2020
- At least one employee on payroll in both 2019 and 2020
- At least $28,000 projected to spend on all employee wages in 2021
What Your Business Can Buy With This Loan
With a CARES Act RLF loan, your business can use funds to make future purchases that enable your business to be adaptive, nimble and resilient amid changing pandemic-related safety guidelines and social distancing protocols.
Here are some examples of items your business can purchase with loan funds:
Outdoor/Curbside Business Operations Equipment
- Umbrellas and canopies
- Heaters and fans
- Tables and chairs
- Portable refrigerators or food warmers
- Decks and platforms
- Advertising and marketing tools
- Engineering drawings
- Air purifiers
- Safety signage
- Barriers, railings, and cordons
- Point of Sale (POS) equipment
- Self-service ordering stations
Online Operations Expansion
- Website development
- Online sales and delivery platform(s)
- Digital marketing strategy
Adaptations to Manufacturing Process
Tenant Improvements for Pandemic Safety and Service