Juan Street Improvement Project
Construction Update October 18, 2016
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Communications Department:
You may have observed the concrete pour that took place yesterday at Sunset Road and Juan Street. Once that concrete has cured, construction will begin on the northbound side of Juan Street and proceed north toward Taylor Street. We believe the concrete will reach full strength by Thursday morning. Here is the plan for later this week:
- Traffic control will switch from a closure of the southbound side of Juan Street to a northbound closure.
- The closure will begin at La Callecita and Sunset Road. Access to the few residences on Sunset Road near La Callecita will be allowed but through traffic will not be allowed going north on Juan Street.
- There will be access to the residences along Juan Street from the southbound side.
- The concrete on the northbound side will be demolished this week.
- As has been the case on the northbound side, residents can park in the dirt after the contractor has left the site at the end of their shift each day. Parking will not be allowed during working hours Monday through Friday.
- Detours for those traveling from Mission Hills into Old Town will be: Bandini Street to San Diego Avenue or via Presidio.
Please use caution when traveling through the construction zone.
Feel free to share this information with those you believe would benefit from it. Anyone who would like to be added to our email distribution list is welcome to send me an email.
If you have questions, contact me.
Supervising Public Information Officer
City of San Diego