2016 Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Coming to Mission Hills on June 5, 2016
What: The annual Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon will be coming through the Mission Hills community on Sunday, June 5, 2016.
When: Sunday, June 5, 2016 5:00AM – 11:00AM
Road Closures and Alternate Access Routes are visible on the map and information sheet provided by the marathon. More information or questions can be directed to the Marathon organizers at RunRocknRoll.com/community.
As the marathon could affect traffic routes and parking availability, community members are encouraged to take time to familiarize themselves with the map and the following information provided by the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series:
Information posted below is for 2016 the Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Additional information for the 2016 course will be added in the coming weeks. Please note, information provided on this page is subject to change.
USE THE FREE WAZE APP ON YOUR SMART PHONE FOR YOUR STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS ON RACE DAY TO AVOID ROAD CLOSURES!
- Marathon & Half Marathon Course Map* – Sunday
- Marathon & Half Marathon Road Closure Grid*– Sunday
- Freeway and Ramp Closure Grid* – Sunday
- No Parking Zones*- Sunday
- Alternate Access Information* – Sunday
- 5K Course Map* – Saturday
- 5K Road/Ramp Closures/No Parking Zones* – Saturday
*Requires free Adobe Reader to view and print
BE AWARE. PLAN AHEAD
Drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
- The Suja Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon & 1/2 Marathon and Saturday 5K will bring more than 30,000 runners and walkers to San Diego, in addition to tens of thousands of spectators, family and friends.
- To get the most out of your weekend and minimize stress, be aware of the road closures in your area and plan ahead for an alternate route or added travel time.
- Join the festivities! San Diego residents are encouraged to visit the free Health & Fitness Expo at the San Diego Convention Center, volunteer during race weekend and/or line the course to cheer runners.
- Returning in 2016, a 5K will take place on Saturday, June 4 at Balboa Park. Most of the road closures will be inside the Park. Minimal closures will take place on 6th Avenue.
Most road closures and detours on Sunday will be in effect between the hours of 5:00 am and 2:00 pm. At 5:00 am, Police and event personnel will implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The marathon and 1/2 marathon begin at 6:15 am. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Please review the road closure grid and course map for more information. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
FREEWAY AND RAMP CLOSURE INFORMATION
On Sunday, freeway and ramp closures associated with the courses may impact your travel on race day. Please note, southbound SR-163 will remain OPEN. Please note, these closures and times are subject to change. Please review our freeway and ramp closure grid for more information.
More information and an interactive map can be found at: runrocknroll.com/san-diego/the-races/road-closures