The following information regarding the 2021 Regional Plan has been shared with the Mission Hills BID by SANDAG:
SANDAG: Progress on the 2021 Regional Plan Continues
What we are learning from COVID-19 in transportation planning
SANDAG is monitoring and reporting on the social, economic, and transportation impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis to help us understand how they might influence transportation choices as we move forward with development of the 2021 Regional Plan.
Last Friday, the SANDAG Transportation, Regional Planning, and Borders Committees received a virtual briefing about how travel behavior has changed due to the pandemic, and how what we’ve learned could be infused into the 30-year vision for the 2021 Regional Plan. Key considerations include socio-economic, freeway traffic, transit ridership, telework, and biking and walking impacts. A recording of the presentation is available on SANDAG’s YouTube channel. A series of economic impact reports on employment rates, retail sales, and TransNet revenue forecasts are also available.
The SANDAG Board of Directors will receive the same presentation at their meeting tomorrow, Friday, July 24 at 9 a.m. Join via Zoom to see the presentation and have the opportunity to provide comments to SANDAG Board members.
Progress on the Vision for the San Diego region continues
Following direction from the SANDAG Board of Directors, we are preparing the vision for the 2021 Regional Plan which seeks to meet regulatory requirements and create equal access to jobs, education, healthcare, and other community resources. The vision will synchronize application of the 5 Big Moves strategies–Complete Corridors, Transit Leap, Mobility Hubs, Flexible Fleets, and Next OS.
The vision will be virtually presented to the SANDAG Board in August and we hope you will join us. We will keep you updated as plans for remote participation progress. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay connected digitally:
- View panel presentations: Industry experts explored data-driven planning, how transportation and housing influences our regional economy, and opportunities for government to harness big data to improve our transportation system.
- Watch the 5 Big Moves webinars: Learn how public and private sectors are embracing innovations of the 5 Big Moves through our webinar series.
- Virtually visit the Vision Lab: Data and tools from the Vision Lab are available online. In-office visiting hours are suspended due to COVID-19.
- Share your ideas: Submit a comment (English | Español) or email us at SDForward@sandag.org.
- Connect with us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
SANDAG’s COVID-19 response
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during the COVID-19 stay-at-home order. Most of the SANDAG team continues to telework while developing the vision for the 2021 Regional Plan. Providing essential services to the public and making progress on critical regional projects, programs, and services, continue to be priorities for SANDAG. More information about SANDAG’s response to COVID-19 is available at sandag.org/COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued interest in shaping a vibrant future for our region.