Night Trench Restoration Activities: Mondy March 27 through Friday March 31 in Mission Hills
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Public Works Department regarding the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project:
You are subscribed to receive construction updates on the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project. This project will take place in the Mission Hills, Uptown, Hillcrest, University Heights and North Park areas of San Diego, with work occurring at particular locations along the alignment of the project.
- Trench restoration on the segments with completed water main installation and connection.
- The crews will start in Mission Hills and proceed east toward Hillcrest.
- The crews completed the trench restoration work on West Washington/Washington Street (segment between Hawk Street and Fifth Avenue).
- Please note that the crews will come back in late March to finalized the trench restoration on the north side streets off of West Washington/Washington Street between Hawk Street and Fifth Avenue.
- See below for remaining days of work and locations.
NIGHTTIME TRENCH RESTORATION ACTIVITIES
- Fifth Avenue
- Robinson Avenue
- North side streets off of West Washington/Washington Street between Hawk Street and Fifth Avenue
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
HOW YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD MAY BE IMPACTED:
- During construction, anticipate temporary inconveniences. Please exercise caution in the work zone and note that:
- Water service to some properties will be provided by a two-inch highline pipe that will run along the curb. Your water service will not be interrupted.
- Residents and businesses will have access to properties, but parking restrictions, street closures and detours will be required.
- “No Parking” signs will be displayed 48 hours in advance of any restriction. Cars parked in violation of the signs will be TOWED.
- If we encounter rain or inclement weather, paving operations will be delayed.
NORMAL HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION:
Night work: Monday through Thursday, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.*
*Hours may vary based on traffic impacts.
If rain occurs prior to a scheduled construction activity, the work will take place on the next dry day. If there is a change of schedule, you will receive a door hanger notice about 24 hours in advance with the new schedule.
CITY OF SAN DIEGO CONTRACTOR:
Burtech Pipeline 760-634-2822
PARKING NOTICES TO BE AWARE OF:
Yellow “No Parking” signs will be used for night work.
Orange “No Parking” signs will be used for day work.
For illustration purposes only
White “No Parking” signs will be used for day and night work.
For illustration purposes only
This Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project will replace about four miles of old, deteriorating, cast iron water mains with new Polyvinyl-Chloride (PVC) pipes. PVC pipes offer improved service reliability and a longer service life. Improvements also include new valves, fire hydrants and installation of curb ramps that facilitate access for persons with disabilities. In addition, streets that have been excavated as part of this work will be slurry sealed as phases are completed. Any areas of vegetation or landscaping that are affected will be replaced. Construction of this infrastructure project is expected to last about three years.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and use the Forward feature to pass along this important information!
For questions related to this project,