SCHEDULED WATER SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS: JANUARY 26, 27, & 28 2016
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Public Works Department regarding the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project:
You are subscribed to receive construction updates on the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project. This project will take place in the Mission Hills, Uptown, Hillcrest, University Heights and North Park areas of San Diego, with work occurring in phases at particular locations along the alignment of the project.
HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING:
As a part of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project to replace the water mains in your community, a water service interruption will take place in the areas listed below on the days and during the hours mentioned.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHT BETWEEN 9 P.M. AND 6 A.M. TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2016**
- Eight Avenue between University and Robinson Avenues
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHT BETWEEN 9 P.M. AND 6 A.M. WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2016**
- Washington Street between Falcon and Eagle Streets (on the north side of Washington only).
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHT BETWEEN 9 P.M. AND 6 A.M. THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2016**
- Washington Street between Brant and Albatross Streets (on the north side of Washington only, the east side of Brant Street only, and the west side of Albatross Street only).
**Special note: If rain occurs prior to a scheduled water service outage, the work will take place on the next dry day. If there is a change of schedule, you will receive a door hanger about 24 hours in advance with the new schedule.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while work progresses on this project. Every provision will be taken to quickly and efficiently complete the work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
During construction, anticipate temporary inconveniences. Please exercise caution in the work zone and note that:
- Access to homes and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times;
- There may be temporary traffic rerouting and other access restrictions during this work;
- Staged pipe, fittings, equipment and storage containers will be located along the work zone;
- When required, temporary “No Parking” signs will be posted 48 hours before construction activities start;
- Vehicles parked in violation of signs will be towed; and
- Road closures, detours and restricted access will occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.*
NORMAL HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION
Sunday through Thursday nights, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.*
*Hours may vary based on traffic impacts.
PARKING NOTICES TO BE AWARE OF:
Yellow “No Parking” signs will be used for night work.
Orange “No Parking” signs will be used for day work.
For illustration purposes only
White “No Parking” signs will be used for day and night work.
For illustration purposes only
This Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project will replace about four miles of old, deteriorating, cast iron water mains with new Polyvinyl-Chloride (PVC) pipes. PVC pipes offer improved service reliability and a longer service life. Improvements also include new valves, fire hydrants and installation of curb ramps that facilitate access for persons with disabilities. In addition, streets that have been excavated as part of this work will be slurry sealed as phases are completed. Any areas of vegetation or landscaping that are affected will be replaced. Construction of this infrastructure project is expected to last about three years.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and use the Forward feature to pass along this important information!
For questions related to this project,