Water Service Outage: August 9, 10, 11
The following information was provided to the Mission Hills BID from the City of San Diego Public Works Department regarding the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project:
You are subscribed to receive construction updates on the University Avenue Pipeline Replacement Project. This project will take place in the Mission Hills, Uptown, Hillcrest, University Heights and North Park areas of San Diego, with work occurring in phases at particular locations along the alignment of the project.
HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING:
As a part of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project to replace the water mains in your community, the ongoing work to install a bypass, which will permanently provide continuous water feed to segments of the new water main, will necessitate a temporary water shut off. A water service interruption will take place in the areas listed below on the day and during the hours mentioned.
WATER SERVICE WILL BE TURNED OFF ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, BETWEEN 8 A.M. AND 5 P.M.
- Palmetto Way between West Arbor Drive and Fort Stockton Drive
- Randolph Street between West Arbor Drive and Washington Place
- Lark Street between West Lewis Street and Washington Place
- Ingalls Street between West Montecito Way and Washington Place
- Jackdaw Street between West Arbor Drive and Washington Place
- Ibis Street between Washington Place and north of West Arbor Drive to cul-de-sac
WHAT TO EXPECT
During construction, anticipate temporary inconveniences. Please exercise caution in the work zone and note that:
- Access to homes and emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times;
- There may be temporary traffic rerouting and other access restrictions during this work;
- Staged pipe, fittings, equipment and storage containers will be located along the work zone;
- When required, temporary “No Parking” signs will be posted 48 hours before construction activities start;
- Vehicles parked in violation of signs will be towed; and
- Road closures, detours and restricted access will occur between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.*
NORMAL HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION
Sunday through Thursday nights, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.*
*Hours may vary based on traffic impacts.
PARKING NOTICES TO BE AWARE OF:
Yellow “No Parking” signs will be used for night work.
Orange “No Parking” signs will be used for day work.
For illustration purposes only
White “No Parking” signs will be used for day and night work.
For illustration purposes only
This Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project will replace about four miles of old, deteriorating, cast iron water mains with new Polyvinyl-Chloride (PVC) pipes. PVC pipes offer improved service reliability and a longer service life. Improvements also include new valves, fire hydrants and installation of curb ramps that facilitate access for persons with disabilities. In addition, streets that have been excavated as part of this work will be slurry sealed as phases are completed. Any areas of vegetation or landscaping that are affected will be replaced. Construction of this infrastructure project is expected to last about three years.
Please encourage your neighbors to join our mailing list and use the Forward feature to pass along this important information!
For questions related to this project,